Welcome to TwoCowgirls, the blog about our crazy life in Downtown Saint Paul!

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Co-op, SciGirls, and Natural Fabric Dye

This was our first full week back.  It feels so good!  School is going great so far.  Here's what we were up to:

Monday:

We woke up bright and early for piano lessons at 8 AM.  It was Elise's first one!  She did great. Afterwards was Millie's first day of co-op!  She's taking cooking and creative writing.  I think I was more nervous about sending her off to "middle school" than she was, but she had a great time.  She met a few new friends, learned a lot, made fruit and veggie sushi, and is super excited to go back.  While she was co-op, Elise and I had a playdate with some friends her age.  We're working on putting together a Jr. First Lego League group, so the grown ups had some quality chit-chat time while the kids played.  When we picked Millie up, we had a little impromptu trip to Snuffy's Malt Shop for a late lunch and ice cream.  Millie chatted our ears off about the proper care and keeping of knives and other kitchen utensils.  :)

Off she goes!  Middle School.
Her very first piano lesson!








Tuesday:

In the morning, we did our regular school work.  Elise really loves Saxon Math, so she saves that for last.  Millie is hodge-podging her way through school at this point.  She did some of her co-op homework, fun math games, and literature.  She finished reading her first book of the year, Bridge to Terabithia.  She didn't like it, too sad.  In the afternoon we had playgroup, which led us to a spontaneous trip to the Como Zoo.  It's so nice to be back in our regular playgroup routine. I love my quality mommy time!

Wednesday:


What a big day!  Elise turned 7, Bud and I celebrated our 15th anniversary, and we had our first day of SciGirls!  It was absolutely amazing.  I love SciGirls so much.  While Millie and I did that, Elise spent the day with Grandma Suzie.  They had Chinese food, ice cream, and a shopping spree at the mall.

Thursday:

Today we did our regular school work in the morning.  In the afternoon, I had school, and Millie was my hired governess, and taught Elise her lessons.  They read together, and did some worksheets.  They were very brave, considering there was a storm happening while I was gone.  Fortunately, Bud came home and had lunch while I was gone.  I'll write more about our governess program, later ;)

Friday:

One of the challenges I face right now, is trying to find friends for Elise.  Millie has been the focus for so long, and now it's Elise's time.  So, I started a field trip club called "It's Field Trip Friday."  We had our first event today, which was a class at Silverwood Park, where the kids all learned about natural fabric dye.  They did some art, dyed some fabric, and went on a nature hike.  It was SO great.  The kids in the group were amazing.









That's it!  Our first full week :)  Next week I'm going to work on making notebooking a priority.  We started last week, but kind of gave up this week.  My goal is to make it a habit.

To see what other homeschoolers were up to this week, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment