Welcome to TwoCowgirls, the blog about our crazy life in Downtown Saint Paul!

Sunday, October 25, 2015

The Witches, Holes, Coraline, and Magic Treehouse


Yes, it was that kind of week.  A week so uneventful, that I had to use our current reading list as my blog post title ;)  Ha!  Uneventful certainly doesn't equal boring though!  We still saw people, had fun, and enjoyed the amazing fall weather we're having.  It's the end of October in Minnesota, and we still don't need coats.  Hooray!


Here's what we did this week:

Monday:

As always, the girls had piano in the morning.  Elise just killed it on the piano.  I mean, she has only been playing for a month, but she's a note reading, proper hand position, counting out loud master!  I'm really proud of her progress.  I must also add that she enjoys practicing the piano for fun, and spends a lot of time pretending to write songs, too.  Future prodigy?  I guess we'll just have to wait and see ;)  After piano, Millie went to co-op, and Elise and I went to Jr. First Lego League.  It was a special field trip day!  We took the kids on a tour of the local garbage processing facility.  It was really stinky, but so cool!  We learned that almost all of the garbage from our county and one county over goes through that place.  Of the garbage, over 90% of it gets recycled or turned into energy.  Pretty amazing!

Tuesday:

Since we have our Tuesday afternoons free now, I let the girls do a little self exploration.  Millie has been really busy working on Scratch.  Elise played with Legos, I think.  I can't really remember.  In the afternoon we walked to the park for a Snoopy party.  It was really lame, so we left.  At least it was a fantastic day for a walk!!


Wednesday:

Today we met with friends at Silverwood for a fun morning!  We just walked around, hung out, ate lunch,  watched the kids play, it was great. I've been lacking in the "mommy chit chat" department lately, and this particular mommy friend and I have a lot to chat about!  I loved it!  In the afternoon, we came home and did school work.  Wonderful Wednesday didn't happen this week ;)

Thursday:

Governess day! We did school in the morning.  In the afternoon I left for class while the girls stayed home and did independent work.  Millie read to Elise and the practiced the piano.  Normally I have a lot of work for them to do, but I have been so busy lately that I didn't have time to prepare anything fancy.  I think they played on their electronics and watched TV...  Not a proud homeschool mommy moment.  On a side note, I had my midterm (a group test!), and my group was the only group to get 100%.  Weeeee!

Friday:



Hey, I told you it was an uneventful week, right?  Today we did school work, and then ran some errands for 4-H.  That's it.



Over the weekend, we went to see the newly released bison over at Mineopa State Park.  It was really fun!  SELFIE:

Find out what other homeschoolers were up to this week, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment